Richard H. Janow
- Systems and Technology Management
- Coordination costs as a fundamental productivity limit
- Technology Strategy, Scenarios, Roadmap
- Defense Science and Systems
- Technological and Market Forecasting
- Condensed Matter Theory, Surface Physics, Adsorption/Desorption
- Information Technology, Computing and Communications
- Home Network Operating Systems
- Ph.D., Physics, The City University of New York (1977)
- A. B., Physics, Columbia College (1964)
- Physics 121 (Physics 2): Sections 001, 003, 005
- Physics 111W Workshop: Sections 013, 021
- Physics 105W Workshop: Section 015
- "Infra-Red Multi-Phonon Photodesorption of Physiadsorbed Molecules", R. Janow and N. Tzoar (1980).
- "Calculation of the Energy Spectra for ESD of H+ from H2 Adsorbed on Tungsten", R. Janow and N. Tzoar, Surface Science Vol. 75, L766 (1978).
- "Kinetic Theory Description of Electron Stimulated Desorption", R. Janow and N. Tzoar, Surface Science, Vol. 69, 253 (1977).
- "Theory of Angle Resolved Electron Stimulated Desorption and Photodesorption", R. Janow, Doctoral Thesis, The City University of New York (1977).
- "Theory of Ion Angular Distributions in Electron Stimulated Desorption", J. Gersten, R. Janow, and N. Tzoar, Physical Review Letters, Vol. 36, 610 (1976).
- "Theory of Photodesorption", J. Gersten, R. Janow, and N. Tzoar, Physical Review B, Vol. 11, 1267 (1975).
- "Dielectric Function in a Semiconducting Plasma with Random Impurities", R. Janow and N. Tzoar (1973).
- "Optical Absorption in a Simple Metal", R. Janow and N. Tzoar, Bull. A. P. S. Vol. 15, 368 (1970).
- "Reconfigurable Neural Net Chip with 32K Connections", H. P. Graf, R. Janow, D. Henderson, and R. Lee (1991). In R. P Lippmann, J. E. Mood, and D. S. Touretzky (eds.) Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, Vol. 3, pp. 1032-1038. Morgan Kaufmann Pub. (San Mateo CA., 1991).
- "A Neural Net Board System for Machine Vision Applications", H. P. Graf, R. Janow, C. R. Nohl, and J. Ben (1991). In Proc. International Joint Conf. on Neural Networks, pp. I.481-I.486. IJCNN Pub, (1991).
- "Research in Neural Network Technology", B. Boser, H. P. Graf, R. Janow, R. T. Lee, D. Mayer, E. Sackinger. Final Report (CDRL A003) for Contract DASG60-88-C-0044, December 1990, UNCLASSIFIED, U. S. ARMY Strategic Defense Command.
- "Research in Optical Computing Technology", G. W. Taylor, D. Mayer, R. Janow. Final Report (CDRL A003) for Contract DASG60-88-C-0044, March 1990, UNCLASSIFIED. Optoelectronic integrated circuit research sponsored by the U. S. ARMY Strategic Defense Command.
- "Parallel Processing of Battle Management Algorithms", R. Janow, D. Mayer, R. McPherson, F. Preston, N. Schlenker, R. Smith, and R. Tarjan. Final Report (CDRL A003) for Contract DASG60-88-C-0044, December 1989, UNCLASSIFIED. Parallel processing experiments and algorithmic research applied to optimization of sensor track assignments and weapon-target assignments. Sponsored by the U. S. Army Strategic Defense Command
"Packet redirection and message stream management". U. S. Patent #6,850,484 awarded February 1, 2005. Defines a comprehensive Internet service architecture for forwarding, aliasing, VPNs, and hosting facilities using content aware switching/routing.
"Apparatus and method for mobile (e.g., cellular or wireless telephone) call handover and impersonation". U. S. Patent #5,745,850 awarded April 28, 1998 (Lucent). Several foreign filings. A Residential Gateway / Home Network Controller that allows wireless communications devices to hand over to wired appliances when the user is at home, still using cellular access.
"Apparatus for providing a graphical control interface”. U. S. Patent #5,706,334 awarded January 6, 1998 (Lucent). EU patent EP0698985. Japanese patent JP8278931. Covers any computing device with a TV-based GUI delivering services and programs downloaded over a phone line. Some products in the market may be infringements. Other filings: SG32457.
"Messaging Platform Process". U. S. Patent #6,247,065, awarded June 12, 2001 (AT&T). Comprehensive schema for applying downloadable applets to "push" and multi-cast services used in unified messaging.
"Unified message announcing". U. S. Patent #6,061,570 awarded May 9, 2000 (AT&T): A wireless device for coordinating message notification for multiple voice or email messaging services.
Overlapped alerting in wide area call forwarding applications”. U. S. Patent #5,904,013 awarded May 18, 1999 (AT&T). Ring signaling for a wide area Centrex-type of service having distributed extensions, e.g at a home and business.
“System and method for creating personalized image collections from multiple locations by using a communication network”. U. S. Patent #5,694,514, awarded December 2, 1997 (Lucent). A process that a theme park (for example) might use to capture personalized photo or video records of a visit.
“System and method for creating personalized image collections from multiple locations by using a communication network”. U. S. Patent #5,946,444 awarded August 31, 1999 (Lucent). A variation of the above.
"Large screen display system". U. S. Patent # 5,394,198, awarded February 1995 (Lucent). Folded mirror optic projection system for computer and video LCD displays. The advantage would be lower cost than large flat panel displays.